Shy or Fearful
Rude, Jumpy, or Mouthy
Location serviced: El Dorado hills, Shingle Springs, Folsom, Fair oaks, Citrus Heights and surrounding areas within reason
New dog owner
Shy or Fearful
Rude, Jumpy, or Mouthy
Location serviced: Lincoln, Roseville, Granite Bay, Antelope, Rocklin, Citrus Heights, and surrounding area within reason.
Consults are mandatory prior to any private training to better assist you with your training goals. If you have have questions about our services please contact us.
Our trainers will service up to 25 miles only from our group class location which is at 4520 Post St El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 Appointments booked greater than 25 miles away i.e. 26 miles away or more will be subject to an out of area service charge. In addition we also service the surrounding area of Roseville.
Pet Food Express
4520 Post St
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Group classes are great for socializing and adding distractions to your training! Click below to find out our class schedule!
Orientation is your chance to meet our staff and learn about our science-based positive only style of training. During this time we will answer any question, check vaccinations, and process payment. This session is for owners and trainers only, please leave the students at home. i.e dogs
Puppy class is an intro to obedience. We will go over almost all of what is learned in basic, with a focus on socialization skills, that will be a top priority.
For dogs that have little to no previous training, this basic class will be the perfect intro to get you started in communicating with your pet through learning:
Intermediate obedience is a follow up to Basic Obedience with a focus on off-leash skills.
Stephanie is a professional trainer with years of experience in the pet industry. Stephanie is active in wildlife rescue. Stephanie started training at with Athens in our east Bay location and is now leading the way in our expansion in the Sacramento area. Stephanie focuses on the scientific aspects of positive reinforcement training as
Stephanie is a professional trainer with years of experience in the pet industry. Stephanie is active in wildlife rescue. Stephanie started training at with Athens in our east Bay location and is now leading the way in our expansion in the Sacramento area. Stephanie focuses on the scientific aspects of positive reinforcement training as well as having patience with your pet. To her her this is very important and is key to having a wonderful companion.
Alex is a certified ABC dog trainer with a passion for animals and a long history of discipline. He was a wrestler for 15 years and traveled internationally for competitions, competing at the NCAAs and acquiring dozens of accolades before a season-ending injury to his neck. Even though his freedom to compete was regrettably halted he neve
Alex is a certified ABC dog trainer with a passion for animals and a long history of discipline. He was a wrestler for 15 years and traveled internationally for competitions, competing at the NCAAs and acquiring dozens of accolades before a season-ending injury to his neck. Even though his freedom to compete was regrettably halted he never stopped challenging himself and made the Dean's Honor List in his last three semesters of college to graduate with his Bachelor's Degree. He has two Amstaffs, a girl named Athena and boy Dean who are the foundation of his work and a constant source of inspiration in improving his and others' understanding of our furry companions. When we accept these dogs into our lives we have also taken responsibility for theirs and he wants to help us all achieve our goals for them.
1. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. programs vary in length or number of sessions. i.e. Sessions scheduled for one hour may be more or less than one hour. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. works with success as a priority, not time. Trainers will decide the time needed to determine success per class/session.
2. The fee for training programs is payable in advance. Make checks payable to Athens Dog Training L.L.C. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. will charge a $25 service fee for any cancellations requiring a
refund. After the first class, or private package sessions begins, no refunds will be made.
3. Dogs must be of an appropriate age to take part in classes and be Fully Vaccinated - We require evidence of Rabies, DHPP (DHLPP if going on off-leash walks), and Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccinations. Bordetella is often missing but can be added as late as 2 days before the stay. Puppies older then six months of age must have completed all rounds of vaccination. For older dogs who have had at least 3 booster shots, we can accept a current TITER test from your vet that demonstrates they still have an adequate immune response. Handler is responsible for checking with their veterinarian to ensure your pet has recommended vaccinations before starting any training with Athens Dog training L.L.C.
All dogs over 10 months old should be altered/neutered. Exceptions may be made based upon the Trainer's discretion. Unaltered dogs can attract unwanted attention from other dogs.
4. Participants must pre-register and pay the class fee to reserve a space in the program. Owners must
submit the vaccination certification form (not original records) before or at the first class session.
5. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if limitations of the handler or dog impair the ability of the
trainer to teach the methods employed in class. We will make reasonable accommodations to assure a successful class experience.
6. No aggressive/reactive dogs are permitted in a group class. An owner with knowledge of the dogs
Aggressive/reactive behavior or other serious behavior problem must speak with the trainer prior to enrollment at the required Group Orientations.
Aggressive/reactive dogs are recommended to seek private in-home training to
determine if the dog can attend the class, or if another training arrangement should be made. If an owner brings an aggressive/reactive dog to class without first having an in-home consult, Athens Dog Training L.L.C. is not required to refund the class fee.
7. If, at any time, the trainer judges that a dog or handler is jeopardizing the safety of people or other
dogs in the class, the trainer may request that the dog be removed from class.
8. Each dog enrolled in group programs should use the recommended equipment or a reasonable
substitute approved by the instructor. Head Halti, gentle lead and or harnesses may be used at the trainer's discretion. No
choke, prong, or electronic collars will not be allowed in the classroom. The handler must supply a six-foot leash. The handler must always enter the classroom with the dog on a leash and under control.
9. Dogs are not allowed contact with other dogs without the trainer's permission while in the training yard.
10. Dogs, who in the trainer's opinion, show symptoms of contagious diseases, are sick, or show discomfort, may not enter the
training area. Please call the training department should your dog become ill, 510-931-3257.
11. Minors (12-16 years of age), who wish to train a dog may do so, only with the authorization of a parent or guardian and at the trainer's discretion. No minor (12-16 years of age) may hold a dog's leash, even with adult supervision. This rule is for the safety of both dogs and children. No minors under the age of 10 years of age will be allowed in the group classes training area, even with adult supervision.
12. When enrolling in the Athens Dog Training L.L.C. programs, the enrollee acknowledges
that dog training can be hazardous, and requires both cognitive and physical abilities. The enrollee agrees to hold, Athens Dog Training L.L.C, its trainers, volunteers, and agents, free from any liability or claim for damages or suit for any reason of any injuries or any person or property, of any kind whatsoever, from any cause whatsoever arising out of participation in the dog training program.
The Pet Parent may reschedule any of their lessons, provided forty-eight hours notice is given to Athens Dog Training L.L.C., and the Pet Parent will not have a loss of their session. The Pet Parent understands and agrees that failure to give Athens Dog Training L.L.C. forty-eight hours notice will result in Athens Dog Training counting it as a completed lesson. and the Pet Parent will have lost that lesson.
TERMINATION OF TRAINING
The Pet Parent may have the animal withdrawn from training at any time, however, once training has begun; all fees are non-refundable, unless approved by the owner of Athens Dog Training L.L.C. There will be a $50.00 filing fee on all qualifying refunds.
14. Further, the owner assumes all responsibility for loss, damage, or injury to self, dog, or property which
may have been caused by negligence or any act of any person connected in any way with Athens Dog Training L.L.C., Pet Food Express, and Camp Bow Wow.
Terms updated 06/07/2023
Copyright © 2022 Athens Dog Training L.L.C. - All Rights Reserved.