Any dog can learn anything with time and patience!
In-home training limited to service area.
New Dog Owner
Shy or Fearful
Rude, Jumpy, or Mouthy
We recommend an in-home consult as a first session. If you have issues not on these lists or have questions about our services please contact us.
Our trainers will service up to 25 miles only from our group class location which is at 4520 Post St El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 Appointments booked greater than 25 miles away i.e. 26 miles away or more will be subject to an out of area service charge. In Addition we also service the surrounding area our
Pet Food Express
4520 Post St
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Pet Food Express
2531 Fair Oaks Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95825
Group classes are great for socializing and adding distractions to your training! Click below to find out our class schedule!
Orientation is your chance to meet our staff and learn about our science-based positive only style of training. During this time we will answer any question, check vaccinations, and process payment. This session is for owners and trainers only, please leave the students at home.
Puppy class is an intro to obedience. We will go over almost all of what is learned in basic, with a focus on socialization skills that will be a top priority.
For dogs that have little to no previous training, this basic class will be the perfect start. To get you started in communicating with your pet by learning:
Intermediate obedience is a follow up to Basic Obedience with a focus on off-leash skills.
Stephanie is a professional trainer with years of experience in the pet industry. Stephanie is active in wildlife rescue. Stephanie started training at with Athens in our east Bay location and is now leading the way in our expansion in the Sacramento area. Stephanie focuses on the scientific aspects of positive reinforcement training as
Stephanie is a professional trainer with years of experience in the pet industry. Stephanie is active in wildlife rescue. Stephanie started training at with Athens in our east Bay location and is now leading the way in our expansion in the Sacramento area. Stephanie focuses on the scientific aspects of positive reinforcement training as well as having patience with your pet. To her her this is very important and is key to having a wonderful companion.
1. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. programs vary in length or number of sessions. i.e. Sessions scheduled for one hour may be may be more or less then one hour. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. works with success as a priority not time. Trainers will decide time needed to determine success.
2. The fee for training programs is payable in advance. Make checks payable to Athens Dog Training. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. will charge a $25 service fee for any cancellations requiring a
Refund. After the class or private package sessions begins, no refunds will be made.
3. Dogs must be of a appropriate age to take part in classes and Fully Vaccinated - We require evidence of Rabies, DHPP (DHLPP if going on off leash walks) and Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccinations. Bordetella is often missing but can be added as late as 2 days before the stay. Puppies must have completed all rounds of vaccination. For older dogs who have had at least 3 booster shots we can accept a current TITER test from your vet that demonstrates they still have an adequate immune response. Handler are responsible for checking with their veterinarian to insure your pet has recommended vaccinations before starting any training with Athens Dog training L.L.C.
All dogs over 10 months old should be altered/neutered. Exceptions may be made based upon the Trainer discretion. Unaltered dogs can attract unwanted attention from other dogs
4. Participants must pre-register and pay the class fee to reserve a space in the program. Owners must
Submit the vaccination certification form (not original records) before or at the first class session.
5. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if limitations of the handler or dog impair the ability of the
Trainer to teach the methods employed in class. We will make reasonable accommodations to assure a successful class experience.
6. No aggressive/reactive dogs are permitted in group class. An owner with knowledge of the dogs
Aggressive/reactive behavior or other serious behavior problem must speak with the trainer prior to enrollment to group classes. Aggressive/reactive dogs should seek private in-home training.
Determine if the dog can attend the class or if other training arrangement should be made. If owner brings a aggressive/reactive dog to class without first having a in home consult Athens Dog Training L.L.C. is not required to refund class fee.
7. If, at any time, the trainer judges that a dog or handler is jeopardizing the safety of people or other
Dogs in the class, the trainer may request that the dog be removed from class.
8. Each dog enrolled in group programs should use the recommended equipment or a reasonable
Substitute approved by the instructor. Head collars and harnesses may be used at the trainer's discretion. No
Choke, prong or electronic collars will not be allowed in the classroom. The handler must supply a six foot leash. The handler must always enter the classroom with the dog on leash and under control.
9. Dogs are not allowed contact with other dogs without the trainer's permission.
10. Dogs who in the trainer's opinion show symptoms of contagious diseases may not enter the
Classroom. Please call the training department should your dog become ill.
11. Minors (under 16 years of age) who wish to train a dog may do so only with the authorization of a
Parent or guardian and at the trainer's discretion. No minor may hold a dog's leash even with adult supervision. This rule is for the safety of both dogs and children.
12. When enrolling in the Athens Dog Training L.L.C. programs, the owner acknowledges
That dog training can be hazardous and requires physical abilities. The enrollee agrees to hold the Athens Dog Training L.L.C, its trainers, volunteers and agents free from any liability or claim for damages or suit for any reason of any injuries or any person or property, of any kind whatsoever, from any cause whatsoever arising out of participation in the dog training program.
The owner of the dog(s) may postpone any of the lessons provided forty eight hours' notice is given Athens Dog Training. postponement will count as one of the remaining lessons owed to the owner. The owner understands and agrees that failure to give the company forty eight hours notice of a lesson cancellation will result in Athens Dog Training counting said failure as a completed lesson with the full amount owed by the owner to Athens Dog Training for said lesson.
TERMINATION OF TRAINING
The owner of the dog(s) may have the animal withdrawn from training at any time, however, once training has begun; all fees are non-refundable. There will be a $25.00 filing fee on all qualifying refunds
14. Further, owner assumes all responsibility for loss, damage or injury to self, dog, or property which
May have been caused by negligence or any act of any person connected in any way with Athens Dog Training L.L.C. or Pet Food Express.
Terms updated 11/18/2021
Copyright © 2022 Athens Dog Training L.L.C. - All Rights Reserved.